Tell Us Your Education Session Ideas for Exchange 2014
Deadline for submitting a session topic extended to May 17.
Exchange 2013 education sessions in Louisville were well attended and received great feedback. The Exchange Educational Programming Committee (EPC) is working towards producing another high-quality slate of education sessions for Exchange 2014 in Omaha, Neb. and needs your help. Exchange 2014, the 85th annual international technical conference and exposition, is Feb. 22-25, 2014.
If you have a suggestion for a session or are interested in making a presentation, the EPC wants to hear from you! GEAPS invites member participation to determine what topics to include in the educational programming.
To submit a session topic, email suggestions to Melissa Serres, EPC staff liaison, at email@example.com.
The Exchange has a reputation for providing practical and relevant information to grain operations professionals by featuring industry professionals as speakers and presenters. Submitted education session topics will account for a large majority of the educational programming. This is a great opportunity to influence what topics will be addressed at the next Exchange. Your ideas are vital!
All suggested topic ideas will be evaluated based on GEAPS' seven "core competencies" below. These are the skill sets that grain operations professionals need most, and may spark some ideas.
- Grain Quality Management
- Grain Handling Equipment Management
- Handling Systems and Operations Technology Management
- Facility Operations Management
- Agribusiness Environment and Management Practice
- Human Resources Management
- Property and Casualty Risk Management
Preliminary topics are selected by the EPC in May and final program decisions are made in the fall.
To be considered, topic suggestions must be received by May 17.
Entries should include:
- A brief description of the session topic including what information should be covered, a suggested title, and three specific objectives for the session.
- If you are suggesting a presenter for your topic, you must include background information including name, company affiliation and title, street address, phone number and email address.
- The target audience, level of information that would be presented, and the amount of time the presentation would require.