Advance your career with a Credential in Grain Operations Management (CGOM) or a Credential in Grain Processing Management (CGPM). These credentials improve your job skills, show your desire to enhance your industry-specific knowledge and demonstrate your commitment to achievement. Once you complete a credential, your accomplishment is recognized in GEAPS publications and you receive a certificate of completion.
For a list of courses required to complete a credential, click on the credential’s name below. Each course is offered at regular intervals, so you can map your path to completion.
The Credential in Grain Operations Management (CGOM)
- GEAPS 500: Introduction to Grain Operations or GEAPS 501 – Management Basics for Grain Facility Supervisors
- GEAPS 510: Grain Facilities Planning and Design I
- GEAPS 520: Grain Quality Management
- GEAPS 530: Quality Management Systems for Bulk Materials Handling Operations
- GEAPS 540: Entry Level Safety
- GEAPS 550: Materials Handling I
GEAPS and K-State also offer specialist credentials for people interested in focusing on specific grain-operations core competencies. To earn a specialist credential, you must first earn the Credential in Grain Operations Management. Each of the Specialist Credentials requires four additional courses, in addition to the six courses required for the CGOM.
Specialist in Grain Quality Management
- GEAPS 521: Aeration System Design and Fan Operational Management
- GEAPS 522: FGIS Grain Inspection Orientation
- GEAPS 524: Grain Drying
- GEAPS 525: Management of Insect Pests in Stored Grain
Specialist in Grain Handling Equipment Management
- GEAPS 551: Materials Handling II
- GEAPS 552: Materials Handling III
- GEAPS 554: Grain Elevator Equipment Maintenance I
- GEAPS 555: Advanced and Preventive Maintenance for Grain Facilities: Conveyance Equipment
Specialist in Property and Casualty Risk Management
- GEAPS 541: Developing an Effective Safety Culture (new in May 2014)
- GEAPS 542: Electrical Safety for Grain Facilities
- GEAPS 544: Preventing and Responding to Grain Dust Explosions
- GEAPS 545: Grain Entrapment: Causes, Prevention and Rescue
Master Credential in Grain Operations Management (MCGOM)
The Master Credential in Grain Operations Management is earned by completing the CGOM and all three specialist credentials. It is the highest form of training currently available in the industry.
The Credential in Grain Processing Management (CGPM)
To help keep you up to speed with innovations and evolving industry standards, you must earn at least one Continuing Education Unit (CEU) within three years of earning your credential. To earn a CEU, you may complete another distance education course, or participate in pre-authorized educational programs at Exchange, GEAPS chapter programs or programs offered by other organizations or universities.
For more information on the credential program, please contact Chuck House at GEAPS.