The GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop is an opportunity for all grain industry employees, from the newest person at your facility through your most seasoned leaders, to build valuable skills.
Don’t Miss Out!
- Tuesday and Wednesday, July 18-19, 2017.
- Workshop and lodging are at the Hyatt Regency Bloomington, in Minnesota.
- Cost: FREE to GEAPS members and only $249 for non-members.
- Registration opens in May
Who should go?
All progressive, go-getting grain industry professionals should attend. The event is an invaluable experience that will benefit both GEAPS members and non-members. Plus, this event will qualify to maintain credentials from GEAPS and Kansas State University
Here are some of the topics that will be addressed:
> Do you sometimes deal with conflict at work?
Learn how to manage these situations effectively.
> Are you struggling to keep work and home balanced?
It may not be as hard as you think.
> Is it difficult to connect with the younger workforce?
Understand the Millennial perspective. Plus, the outstanding keynote presentation covers leadership, excellence, positivity and much more.
This event is being held in conjunction with the GEAPS Annual Meeting and meetings of the Membership Committee and International Board.
Convince Your Boss
You may be asked to justify why you should invest the time and money to attend this workshop. Here are a few tips that might help you demonstrate the return on investment you, your employer and even your fellow workers will receive:
- Share the connection between your organization’s knowledge requirements and the conference program.
- Communicate how your participation in all sessions will improve your performance and benefit the organization.
- Provide your supervisor with a clear and concise listing of your proposed conference itinerary. Try using the conference brochure!
- One of the top benefit of conference attendance is networking. Where else can you find so many industry contacts facing the same issues as your organization? Are there solutions you’re not aware of?
GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop Schedule:
Monday, July 17
1-5 p.m. Exchange Educational Programming Committee (EPC) Meeting
Tuesday, July 18
8 a.m.-noon EPC Meeting
1-1:30 p.m. GEAPS Leadership Welcome
1:30-2:30 p.m. Handling Stressful Situations, Difficult Discussions and Making Decisions
2:50-3:30 p.m. Manage Your Time, Your Work and Yourself: Work and Life Balance - Balancing the Quickness, Quantity and Quality of Your Life
4-5 p.m. Knowing Y - Understanding and Working with Millennials
5-6 p.m. Networking event
Wednesday, July 19
9 a.m.-noon Keynote: Good Leadership, Rewarding Excellence, Living Generously, Promoting Fairness and Spreading Positivity
1 - 5 p.m. International Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday, July 20
8 a.m. - noon. International Board of Directors Meeting