Call for 2016-17 Elections
GEAPS needs your help in finding the next slate of nominees for four positions on the International Board of Directors, the position of International 2nd Vice President, and four positions on the Associates Board of Directors.These positions will become open with the 2016 GEAPS Annual Meeting tobe held in Minneapolis, July 19, 2016.
GEAPS future success depends on your involvement. Identifying and recruiting well-qualified future leaders is critical to ensuring GEAPS remains a strong, member-driven association. It’s a win-win situation—not only does GEAPS benefit from dedicated and enthusiastic leaders, but serving as an industry leader at GEAPS’ International level on either the International or Associates Board offers the professional benefit of real-world leadership training on a global scale.
Nominations are due Jan. 11, 2016, with elections taking place next year. For more information or to discuss your interest in these leadership opportunities contact the GEAPS office at (763) 999-4300 to talk with Executive Vice President David Krejci regarding International Board Leadership and with Operations and Component Relations Leader Julia Kloehn about the Associates Board.
International Board Nominations
Current International Directors whose terms end next July with the Annual Meeting are:
- Jacob Elder, Purdue AgriBusiness, Mid-Atlantic
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- Tom Winkel, MaxYield Cooperative, North Iowa
Incumbent Regular member Directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Chris Blair, NEW Cooperative, Inc., Greater Iowa
- Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative Inc, Great Plains
- Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City
- Kris Smelser, MillerCoors, Intermountain
- Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc, Minneapolis
Only Regular members are elected to the International Board but any GEAPS member may submit nominations for the International Board.
International 2nd Vice President Nominations
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd Vice President. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2017-2018 1st Vice President, 2018-2019 President and the 2019-2020 Board Chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board Director or Officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2016-2020.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Matthew Kerrigan, EGT, LLC, Columbia River, as International Board Chair
- 1st Vice President Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City, as President
- 2nd Vice President Barb Quandt, West Central, Greater Iowa, as 1st Vice President
Associates Board Nominations
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in July are as follows. All four may run for re-election, but they must be nominated to do so:
- Rick Fifer, 4B Components Ltd, Cornbelt
- Eric Kelley, JMI Covers LLC, Tri-State
- Daryl Watts, RCI Safety, North Iowa
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Div, Minneapolis
- Regan Heaton, SCAFCO Grain Systems, Non-chapter
- Janice Kantola, The Lakeland Companies, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Todd Morey, AIRLANCO, Kansas City
- Bill Pickell, The Lakeland Companies, Minneapolis
- Wade Spencer, Maxi-Lift Inc, Great Plains
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC Inc. (dba Tri-State Grain Conditioning Inc.), North Iowa
- Darren Zink, Brock Grain Systems, Hoosier
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for2016-2017are:
- Jeff Roumph, WD Patterson Co Inc, Kansas City, as Associates Board Immediate Past President
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska Inc, Greater Nebraska, as Associates Board President
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland, as Associates Board Vice President
Only Associate members may serve on the Associates Board and only Associate members may submit candidate recommendations for the Associates Board.