Vote for International and Associate Board Leaders
It is time to elect new leaders for the International and Associate boards. Nominations committees for each board have identified a number of qualified candidates, and voting will take place online. All active Regular and Associate members will receive a link to an online ballot with voting instructions via email in April. The deadline to vote is Thursday, June 1.
The International and Associates Board nominations committees have identified 15 candidates to consider for Board leadership this year. Six members are running for three open positions on the International Board, and eight members are running for four positions on the Associates Board. The following pages include profiles of all candidates.
GEAPS will announce both election results at the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, July 19, at GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
International Board Election
Current International Directors whose terms end next July with the Annual Meeting are:
- Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative Inc, Great Plains
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- Kris Smelser, MillerCoors, Intermountain
Incumbent Regular member Directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Chris Blair, NEW Cooperative, Inc., Greater Iowa
- Jacob Elder, Perdue AgriBusiness, Mid-Atlantic
- David Hoffman, Ag Producers Cooperative, Tri-State
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City
- Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc, Minneapolis
International 2nd Vice President Election
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2018-2019 1st vice president, 2019-2020 president and the 2020-2021 board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director or officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2017-2021.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City, as International Board Chair
- 1st Vice President Barb Kraft, Landus Cooperative, Greater Iowa, as President
- 2nd Vice President Robert Taylor, Cargill, Minneapolis, as 1st Vice President
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in July are as follows.
- Todd Morey, Airlanco (AGI), Kansas City
- Bill Pickell, The Lakeland Companies, Minneapolis
- Wade Spencer, Maxi-Lift Inc, Great Plains
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Div, Minneapolis
- Regan Heaton, SCAFCO Grain Systems, Non-chapter
- Janice Kantola, Premier Components, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Eric Kelley, JMI Covers LLC, Tri-State
- Vincent Marze, WL Port-Land Systems Inc, Seaway
- Arthur Moeller, Moeller Engineering LLC, Greater Iowa
- Pete Mueller, Fumigation Service & Supply Inc, Cornbelt
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC Inc. (dba Tri-State Grain Conditioning Inc.), North Iowa
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for 2017-2018 are:
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska Inc, Greater Nebraska, as Associates Board Immediate Past President
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland, as Associates Board President
- Darren Zink, Brock Grain Systems, Hoosier, as Associates Board Vice President
GEAPS Elections: Place Your Online Vote Quickly and Securely
Whether you are a Regular member or an Associate, casting your vote for GEAPS leaders is easy!
You will receive an election email in April. The email will contain a link to vote in the election.
- Open the email and click on the survey link
- Enter the password supplied in the email
- Follow the instructions and cast your vote
It’s that easy to cast your ballot and make a difference!