Do You Know the Next GEAPS Leaders?
They Might be Hiding in Plain Sight
GEAPS needs your help in finding the next slate of nominees for three positions on the International Board of Directors, the position of International 2nd vice president and four positions on the Associates Board of Directors. These positions will become open at the GEAPS 2015 Annual Meeting to be held in conjunction with Exchange 2015 in St. Louis, Mo., Feb. 21-24.
GEAPS future success depends on your involvement. Identifying and recruiting well-qualified future leaders is critical to ensuring GEAPS remains a strong, member-driven association. It’s a win-win situation — not only does GEAPS benefit from dedicated and enthusiastic leaders, but serving as an industry leader at GEAPS’ International level on either the International or Associates Board offers the professional benefit of real-world leadership training on a global scale. If you or someone you know has demonstrated an interest in serving and shown exceptional commitment to GEAPS, do not hesitate to submit a candidate recommendation today.
Nominations are due Oct. 20, with elections taking place in the winter. Prospective candidate forms are available on the GEAPS website. For more information or to discuss your interest in these leadership opportunities contact the GEAPS office at (952) 928-4640 to talk with Executive Vice President David Krejci regarding International Board leadership, or Component Relations Manager Julia Kloehn about the Associates Board.
Nomination forms (PDF) for International Board Director
Nomination forms (PDF) for International Second Vice President
- International Second Vice President Nomination form
- International Second VIce President Profile form
Nomination forms (PDF) for Associates Board Director
Any GEAPS member may submit nominations for the International Board while only Associate members may submit candidate recommendations for the Associates Board.
Only Regular members are elected to the International Board and only Associate members may serve on the Associates Board.
Nominees to the International Board of Directors and Associates Board of Directors must be willing to invest time and out-of-pocket expenses.
Complete nomination criteria can be found on the nomination forms.
2014-2015 International Board Nominations Committee
Chair, Mark Fedje, General Mills, Minneapolis Chapter
Ron Digby, Legacy Farmers Cooperative, Seaway
Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative Inc, Great Plains
David Hoffman, Ag Producers Cooperative, Tri-State
Rick Krier, Western Iowa Cooperative, Siouxland
Bill Lyster, Ag Partners, Greater Iowa
Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City
Kendrick Newsome, Cargill GOSCNA, Golden Triangle
Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc, Minneapolis
Buzz Tourangeau, Tate & Lyle Grain Co, Cornbelt
David Krejci, GEAPS staff liaison
2014-2015 Associates Board Nominations Committee
Chair, Scott Chant, Safe-Grain/Maxi-Tronic Inc, Seaway
Rick Fifer, 4B Components Ltd, Cornbelt
Bob Klare, River Consulting, Gulf South
Cheryl Lansink, Comco Mfg, Siouxland
Jeff Roumph, WD Patterson Co Inc, Kansas City
Daryl Watts, RCI Safety, North Iowa
Julia Kloehn, GEAPS staff liaison
International 2nd Vice President
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2016-2017 1st vice president, 2017-2018 president and the 2018-2019 Board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director or officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2015-2019.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Jim Jundt, Pacific Ethanol Columbia LLC, Inland Empire, as International Board chair
- 1st Vice President Matthew Kerrigan, Bunge North America, Gulf South, as president
- 2nd Vice President Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City, as 1st vice president
Current International directors whose terms end next February with the Annual Meeting are:
- Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City
- Barb Quandt, West Central, Greater Iowa
- Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc., Minneapolis
Incumbent Regular member directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Jacob Elder, Purdue AgriBusiness, Mid-Atlantic
- Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative Inc., Great Plains
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Kris Smelser, MillerCoors, Intermountain
- Mark Tourangeau, Tate & Lyle Grain Inc., Cornbelt
- Tom Winkel, MaxYield Cooperative, North Iowa
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in February are as follows. All four may run for re-election, but they must be nominated to do so:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Div., Minneapolis
- Janice Kantola, Argonics, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Kent Mellen, BM&M Screening Solutions, Minneapolis
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC, North Iowa
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Rick Fifer, 4B Components Ltd., Cornbelt
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco Mfg., Siouxland
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska LLC, Greater Nebraska
- Todd Morey, AIRLANCO, Kansas City
- Wade Spencer, Maxi-Lift Inc., Great Plains
- Daryl Watts, RCI Safety, North Iowa
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
- Darren Zink, Brock Grain Systems, Hoosier
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for 2015-2016 are:
- Bob Klare, River Consulting, Gulf South, as Associates Board immediate past president
- Jeff Roumph, WD Patterson Co. Inc., Kansas City, as Associates Board president
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska Ic., Greater Nebraska, as Associates Board vice president
Did you know?
Associate members are represented on the International Board. While not elected, all officer positions on the Associates Board, president, vice president and secretary also serve on the International Board. The Associates Board president also serves on the International Executive Committee.