Call for 2017-18 Board Nominations
GEAPS needs your help in finding the next slate of nominees for three director positions on the International Board, the executive office of International 2nd vice president, and four director positions on the Associates Board. These positions will become open with the 2017 GEAPS Annual Meeting to be held in conjunction with the 2017 Leadership Conference next July in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
GEAPS future success depends on your involvement. Identifying and recruiting well-qualified future leaders is critical to ensuring GEAPS remains a strong, member-led association. Not only do we benefit from dedicated and enthusiastic leaders, but serving as an industry leader at GEAPS’ international level offers you the professional benefit of real-world leadership training on a global scale. It is a great opportunity for you to build your leadership and communications skills, while expanding your professional network!
Nominations are due Jan. 9, 2017, with elections taking place next year. For more information or to discuss your interest in these leadership opportunities contact the GEAPS office at (763) 999-4300 to talk with Executive Vice President David Krejci regarding International Board Leadership and with Operations and Component Relations Leader Julia Kloehn about the Associates Board.
International Board Nominations
Current International Directors whose terms end next July with the Annual Meeting are:
- Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative Inc, Great Plains
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- Kris Smelser, MillerCoors, Intermountain
Incumbent Regular member Directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Chris Blair, NEW Cooperative, Inc., Greater Iowa
- Jacob Elder, Perdue AgriBusiness, Mid-Atlantic
- David Hoffman, Ag Producers Cooperative, Tri-State
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City
- Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc, Minneapolis
Only Regular members are elected to the International Board but any GEAPS member may submit nominations for the International Board.
International 2nd Vice President Nominations
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2018-2019 1st vice president, 2019-2020 president and the 2020-2021 board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director or officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2017-2021.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City, as International Board Chair
- 1st Vice President Barb Kraft, West Central, Greater Iowa, as President
- 2nd Vice President Robert Taylor, Cargill, Minneapolis, as 1st Vice President
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in July are as follows. All four may run for re-election, but they must be nominated to do so:
- Todd Morey, Airlanco (AGI), Kansas City
- Bill Pickell, The Lakeland Companies, Minneapolis
- Wade Spencer, Maxi-Lift Inc, Great Plains
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Div, Minneapolis
- Regan Heaton, SCAFCO Grain Systems, Non-chapter
- Janice Kantola, Premier Components, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Eric Kelley, JMI Covers LLC, Tri-State
- Vincent Marze, WL Port-Land Systems Inc, Seaway
- Arthur Moeller, Moeller Engineering LLC, Greater Iowa
- Pete Mueller, Fumigation Service & Supply Inc, Cornbelt
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC Inc. (dba Tri-State Grain Conditioning Inc.), North Iowa
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for 2017-2018 are:
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska Inc, Greater Nebraska, as Associates Board Immediate Past President
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland, as Associates Board President
- Darren Zink, Brock Grain Systems, Hoosier, as Associates Board Vice President
Only Associate members may serve on the Associates Board and only Associate members may submit candidate recommendations for the Associates Board.