Needed: Dedicated Leaders to Help Build GEAPS and Guide the Industry into the Future
The nominations period for the 2014 leadership elections has closed. Candidates will be announced here when elections open in mid-December.
The nominations details below is for information only. Thanks to the nominations committees for all their work finding leadership candidates for the International and Assocaites boards.
Call for Nominations
GEAPS needs your help in finding the next slate of nominees for three positions on the International Board of Directors, the position of International 2nd vice president, and four positions on the Associates Board of Directors. These positions will become open on at GEAPS Exchange 2014 in Omaha, Neb., Feb. 22-25, 2014.
GEAPS cannot be successful without dedicated, interested volunteer leaders. If you know someone who has demonstrated an interest in serving or shown exceptional commitment to GEAPS, do not hesitate to nominate them today. Self-nominations are welcome as well, so feel free to throw your hat in the ring.
GEAPS depends on member involvement to remain a strong, member-driven association. Nominations are due Oct. 21, and elections take place this winter. Forms are available on the GEAPS website or by contacting the GEAPS office at (952) 928-4640; firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be asked to fill out and return a candidate profile form.
Nomination forms (PDF) for International Board Director
Nomination forms (PDF) for International Second Vice President
- International Second Vice President Nomination form
- International Second VIce President Profile form
Nomination forms (PDF) for Associates Board Director
While only Associate members may submit Associates Board director candidate recommendations, any GEAPS member may submit nominations for the International Board. Only Regular members may serve on the International Board and only Associates may serve on the Associates Board.
Nominees to the International Board of Directors and Associates Board of Directors must be willing to invest time and out-of-pocket expenses.
Complete nomination criteria can be found on the nomination forms.
2013-2014 International Board Nominations Committee
Chair, Bill Lyster, Ag Partners, Greater Iowa
Scott Brittingham, Mountaire Farms, Mid-Atlantic
Chad Cook, Deseret Grain Storage, Intermountain
Mark Fedje, General Mills, Minneapolis
Eric Kelley, Attebury Grain, Tri-State
Pamela Kolochuk, Parrish & Heimbecker, Canadian Prairies
Rick Krier, Western Iowa Coop, Siouxland
Bob Marlow, The Andersons, Hoosier
Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City
Buzz Tourangeau, West Plains Co., Great Plains
2013-2014 Associates Board Nominations Committee
Chair, Deborah Good, Brock Grain Systems, Gateway
Scott Chant, Safe-Grain/Maxi-Tronic Inc., Seaway
Janice Kantola, Argonics, Michigan/So. Ontario
Bob Klare, River Consulting, Gulf South
Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska LLC, Greater Nebraska
Kent Mellen, BM&M Screening Solutions, Minneapolis
Current International directors whose terms end next February in conjunction with the Annual Meeting are:
- Chad Cook*, Deseret Grain Storage, Intermountain
- Jakob Elder, Perdue Agribusiness, Mid-Atlantic
- Wes O'Bannon, Farmway Cooperative Inc., Great Plains
*Due to International Board term limits, Chad Cook is not eligible for re-election.
Incumbent Regular member directors who will continue to serve on the International
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Tom Winkel, MaxYield Cooperative, North Iowa
- Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City
- Eric Kelley, Attebury Grain LLC, Tri-State
- Barb Quandt, West Central, Greater Iowa
- Robert Taylor, Cargill Inc., Minneapolis
International 2nd Vice President
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected moves automatically up the succession ladder, becoming the 2015-2016 1st vice president, 2016-2017 president and the 2017-2018 board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director and officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee from 2014-2018.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Slav Waplak, Viterra Inc., Canadian Prairies, as International Board chair
- First Vice President Jim Jundt, Pacific Ethanol Columbia LLC, Inland Empire, as president
- Second Vice President Matthew Kerrigan, Bunge North America, Gulf South, as 1st vice president
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in February are as follows. All four may run for re-election, but they must be nominated to do so:
- Jeany Hesse, Integra Plastics, Siouxland
- Brend King, Intersystems, Kansas City
- Colin McClure, PMI Nebraska LLC, Greater Nebraska
- Robert Paige, Hazmasters Inc., Canadian Prairies
Incumbent Associates board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Division, Minneapolis
- Rick Fifer, 4B Components Ltd., Cornbelt
- Janice Kantola, Agronics, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco Mfg., Siouxland
- Kent Mellen, BM&M Screening Solutions, Minneapolis
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC, North Iowa
- Daryl Watts, RCI Safety, North Iowa
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve are:
- Scott Chant, Safe-Grain/Maxi-Tronic Inc., Seaway, immediate past president
- Bob Klare, River Consulting, Gulf South, president
- Jeff Roumph, WD Patterson Co. Inc., Kanasas City, vice president