GEAPS International and Associates Board of Directors Election Results
GEAPS Announces New International Board Directors, Officers for 2017-2018
Results of the 2017-2018 International Board Elections were announced at GEAPS Annual Meeting at GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop, July 19. This year’s race included six candidates running for three International director positions and one candidate running for the office of second vice president.
Elected to three-year terms as International directors are:
- Barb Grove, Farmway Cooperative, Great Plains Chapter
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- Kris Smelzer, MillerCoors, Intermountain
Elected to 2nd vice president:
- Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City
International Board officers for 2017-2018
- First Vice President Robert Taylor, Cargill, Minneapolis
- President Barb Kraft, Landus Cooperative, Greater Iowa
- International Board Chair Marcus Neal, Lansing Trade Group, Kansas City
In addition, Board officers Steve Myers and Robert Taylor both resigned from their director positions. Elected to one-year terms to fill those openings were:
- Scott Brittingham, Mountaire Farms, Mid-Atlantic
- Philip Kelly, Louis Dreyfus Company, Gulf South
GEAPS Associates Board Installs New Directors, Officers for 2017-2018
Newly-elected Associates Board directors were also announced at the Annual Meeting and will be installed at the September meeting.
Elected to three-year terms as Associates Board directors are:
- Todd Morey, Airlanco, Kansas City
- Perry Nettles, Food Protection Services, Mid-South
- Wade Spencer, Bulk Conveyors Inc, Great Plains
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Associates Board officers for 2017-2018
- Vice President Darren Zink, Grain Systems Distribution, Hoosier
- President Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland
The Associates Board will elect a secretary at the September meeting.
The Associates Board is elected by Associate members to represent their collective interest in advancing GEAPS mission. The Associates Board serves as an advisory council to the International Board. They are represented on the International Board by the Associates Board president, vice president and secretary.