Associates Board Director Qualifications
Nominations must be made by a current GEAPS Associate member. You may NOT nominate yourself nor any individual employed by your company.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates must:
- Be a GEAPS Associate member and have been a GEAPS member for the previous 3 years [e.g. since 7/2015]; AND
- Currently be a GEAPS Associate member who is willing and able to serve a 3-year term [2019-2022] if elected; AND
- Not be employed by the same company nor be a member of the same GEAPS chapter as any other 2 current and succeeding [2019-2020] Associates Board officers or directors; AND
- Have served at least 1 year in the past 3 years [e.g. since 7/2015] as a GEAPS Associates or International Board officer or director, OR as a GEAPS chapter officer or director, OR as a member of a GEAPS International committee, OR as a GEAPS chapter or Exchange program speaker, excluding the Idea Exchange; AND
- Must have attended at least 2 Exchanges in the past 5 years [e.g. 2018-Denver, 2017-Kansas City, 2016 Austin, 2015-St. Louis, and/or 2014-Omaha] as a registered attendee or trade show exhibitor representative; AND
- For prospective candidates who are affiliated with a GEAPS chapter: must have attended at least 3 GEAPS chapter meetings/regional conferences in the past year [e.g. 7/2017 – 6/2018] as a registered attendee or trade show exhibitor representative, or have attended the GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop in 2018; AND
- For prospective candidates who are non-chapter members: must have attended the GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop in 2018; AND
- Be willing and able to attend two Associates Board of Directors face-to-face meetings each year – one at the GEAPS Exchange and one in September at a North American venue to be determined; AND
- Have committed support for the expected investment of personal time and out-of-pocket expenses to serve a 3-year term as a board director [2019 – 2022].