Vote for International and Associate Board Leaders
It is time to elect new leaders for the International and Associates boards. Nominations committees for each board have identified a number of qualified candidates, and voting will take place online. All active Regular and Associate members will receive a link to an online ballot with voting instructions via email in May. The deadline to vote is Tuesday, June 1.
The International and Associates Board nominations committees have identified 11 candidates to consider for Board leadership this year. Five members are running for three open positions on the International Board, and five members are running for four positions on the Associates Board. The following pages include profiles of all candidates.
GEAPS will announce both election results at the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, July 18, at GEAPS Leadership Conference in St. Paul, Minnesota.
International Board Election
Current International Directors whose terms end next July with the Annual Meeting are:
- Chris Blair, New Cooperative, Greater Iowa
- Scott Brittingham, MCGOM, Mountaire Farms, Mid-Atlantic
- Philip Kelly, CGOM, Louis Dreyfus Company, Gulf South
Incumbent Regular member Directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Jacob Elder, Proximity Malt, Mid-Atlantic
- David Hoffman, Ag Producers Cooperative, Tri-State
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- David Marr, Michigan Ag Commodities, Michigan/ So. Ontario
- Kris Smelzer, MillerCoors, Intermountain
International 2nd Vice President Election
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2019-2020 1st vice president, 2020-2021 president and the 2021-2022 board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director or officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2018-2022.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Barb Kraft, Landus Cooperative, Greater Iowa, as International Board Chair
- 1st Vice President Robert Taylor, Cargill, Minneapolis, as President
- 2nd Vice President Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City, as 1st Vice President
Associates Board Election
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in July are as follows.
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri-Industrial Div, Minneapolis
- Janice Kantola, Premier Components, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Cheryl Storch, Custom Agri Systems, Seaway
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC dba Tri-States Grain Conditioning Inc, North Iowa
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Eric Kelley, JMI Covers LLC, Tri-State
- Vincent Marze, WL Port-Land Systems Inc, Seaway
- Art Moeller, Moeller Engineering LLC, Greater Iowa
- Todd Morey, Airlanco (AGI), Kansas City
- Pete Mueller, Fumigation Service & Supply, Cornbelt
- Perry Nettles, Food Protection Services, Mid-South
- Wade Spencer, Bulk Conveyors Inc, Great Plains
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for 2017-2018 are:
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland, as Associates Board Immediate Past President
- Darren Zink, Brock Grain Systems, Hoosier, as Associates Board President
- Regan Heaton, SCAFCO Grain Systems, Inland Empire, as Associates Board Vice President
GEAPS Elections: Place Your Online Vote Quickly and Securely
Whether you are a Regular member or an Associate, casting your vote for GEAPS leaders is easy!
You will receive an election email in May. The email will contain a link to vote in the election.
- Open the email and click on the survey link
- Follow the instructions and cast your vote
It’s that easy to cast your ballot and make a difference!