GEAPS Needs Your Help Identifying Leaders
GEAPS needs your help in finding the next slate of nominees for three director positions on the International Board, the elected office of International 2nd vice president, and four director positions on the Associates Board. These positions will become open with the 2018 GEAPS Annual Meeting to be held in conjunction with the 2018 Leadership Conference next July in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
GEAPS future success depends on your involvement. Identifying and recruiting well-qualified future leaders is critical to ensuring GEAPS remains a strong, member-led association. Not only do we benefit from dedicated and enthusiastic leaders, but serving as an industry leader at GEAPS’ international level offers you the professional benefit of real-world leadership training on a global scale. It is a great opportunity for you to build your leadership and communications skills, while expanding your professional network!
If you or someone you know has demonstrated an interest in serving and shown exceptional commitment to GEAPS, please submit a candidate recommendation today.
Nominations are due by Jan. 8, 2018, with elections taking place in the spring. Prospective candidate forms are available on the GEAPS website. For more information or to discuss your interest in these leadership opportunities contact the GEAPS office at (763) 999-4300 to talk with Executive Vice President David Krejci regarding International Board leadership and with Component Relations Leader Julia Kloehn about the Associates Board.
The International Board of Directors represents the collective interests of all members in evolving and advancing GEAPS’ strategic plan to realize the full potential of the enterprise in pursuit of its envisioned future. The Board identifies, defines success for and oversees the planning, development and implementation of member programs and services to advance the pursuit of GEAPS’ envisioned future consistent with core purpose, values and general objectives.
Current International Directors whose terms end next July with the Annual Meeting are:
- Chris Blair, New Cooperative, Greater Iowa
- Scott Brittingham, MCGOM, Mountaire Farms Inc, Mid-Atlantic
- Philip Kelly, CGOM, Louis Dreyfus Company, Gulf South
Incumbent Regular member Directors who will continue to serve on the International Board are:
- Jacob Elder, Proximity Malt, Mid-Atlantic
- Barbara Grove, CGOM, GQM, Central Valley Ag Cooperative, Great Plains
- David Hoffman, Ag Producers Cooperative, Tri-State
- Jeff Jones, MKC, Great Plains
- David Marr, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Michigan/So Ontario
- Kris Smelser, MillerCoors, Intermountain
International 2nd Vice President
At least one candidate must be nominated for the office of International 2nd vice president. The person elected automatically moves up the succession ladder, serving as 2019-2020 1st vice president, 2020-2021 president and the 2021-2022 board chair. Candidates for this position must have served at least one full year in the past five years as an International Board director or officer. They must also be able to serve as a member of the Executive Committee for 2018-2022.
Incumbent officers who will succeed to the next higher executive office are:
- International President Barb Kraft, Landus Cooperative, Greater Iowa, as International Board chair
- 1st Vice President Robert Taylor, Cargill, Minneapolis, as president
- 2nd Vice President Steve Myers, Bunge Milling, Kansas City, as 1st vice president
The Associates Board of Directors represents the collective interest of GEAPS’ Associate members in the pursuit of GEAPS’ core purpose, realization of the envisioned future and achievement of the general objectives on behalf of all GEAPS members by advising the International Board on the development, evolution and implementation of GEAPS’ strategic plan.
Four director seats will be open on the Associates Board. Current directors whose terms expire in July are as follows. All four may run for re-election, but they must be nominated to do so:
- Ross Carlson, Chief Agri Industrial Division, Minneapolis
- Janice Kantola, Premier Components Inc, Michigan/So. Ontario
- Cheryl Storch, Custom Agri Systems, Seaway
- Greg Van Sickle, TSGC Inc dba Tri-States Grain Conditioning Inc, North Iowa
Incumbent Associates Board directors who will continue to serve are:
- Eric Kelley, JMI Covers LLC, Tri-State
- Vince Marze, WL Port-Land Systems Inc, Seaway
- Art Moeller, Moeller Engineering, Greater Iowa
- Todd Morey, Airlanco (AGI), Kansas City
- Pete Mueller, Fumigation Service & Supply, Cornbelt
- Perry Nettles, Food Protection Services, Mid-South
- Wade Spencer, Maxi-Lift Inc, Great Plains
- Ed Zdrojewski, Grain Journal, Cornbelt
Incumbent Associates Board officers who will continue to serve for 2018-2019 are:
- Cheryl Lansink, Comco, Siouxland, as Associates Board immediate past president
- Darren Zink, 4B Components, Hoosier, as Associates Board president
- Regan Heaton, SCAFCO Grain Systems, Inland Empire, as Associates Board vice president
The Associates Board Secretary is elected by the Associates Board at the September meeting from incumbent directors. Once elected, the Secretary automatically moves into the vice president and president positions. All Associates Board officers also sever as directors on the International Board of Directors.