Choosing a Meeting Location and Managing Logistics
Selection of the meeting location can often mean the difference between a successful meeting and failure. Listed below are some questions that need answering when selecting a meeting site:
1. Is the meeting location accessible to the greatest number of the chapter members?
2. If a meal is to be served, is the price reasonable and will the menu be well received by the members?
3. Does the facility provide a private room for the meal and meetings?
4. Is the meeting room quiet, with a minimum of outside interference?
5. Will the room accommodate the number of members and guests attending?
6. Will the meeting room accommodate any special needs of the speaker or the program? (i.e. sound system, lighting control, audio/visual, etc.?)