The Knowledge Resource for the World of Grain Handling and Processing Industry Operations
Recruiting Chapter Leaders
- Identify the most involved and interested people in your chapter.
- Timing is important – Recruit enthusiastic members for leadership positions within the chapter.
- Look to those who consistently attend meetings.
- Look to your board of directors for future chapter officers.
- Give new members responsibility. Rotation is important–“new blood” brings energy into the chapter.
- Integrate new members into committees and work them up through the leadership structure of the chapter.
- Don’t overlook Associate members. Associates want the chapter to thrive just as much as Regular members.
- Ask-opportunities are often lost just because someone didn’t ask.