The GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop is an opportunity for all grain industry employees, from the newest person at your facility through your most seasoned leaders, to build valuable skills.
Don’t Miss Out!
- Tuesday and Wednesday, July 18-19, 2017.
- Workshop and lodging are at the Hyatt Regency Bloomington, in Minnesota. Book a Room Now
- Cost: FREE to GEAPS members and only $249 for non-members.
Who should go?
All progressive, proactive grain industry professionals should attend. You will bring back valuable insights and skills that will benefit both GEAPS members and non-members. Plus, this event will qualify to maintain credentials from GEAPS and Kansas State University
Here are some of the topics that will be addressed:
> Do you sometimes deal with conflict at work?
Learn how to manage these situations effectively.
> Are you struggling to keep work and home balanced?
It may not be as hard as you think.
> Is it difficult to connect with the younger workforce?
Understand the Millennial perspective. Plus, the outstanding keynote presentation covers leadership, excellence, positivity and much more.
This event is being held in conjunction with the GEAPS Annual Meeting and meetings of the Membership Committee, Exchange Planning Committee and International Board.
Convince Your Boss
You may be asked to justify why you should invest the time and money to attend this workshop. Here are a few tips that might help you demonstrate the return on investment you, your employer and even your fellow workers will receive:
- Share the connection between your organization’s knowledge requirements and the conference program.
- Communicate how your participation in all sessions will improve your performance and benefit the organization.
- Provide your supervisor with a clear and concise listing of your proposed conference itinerary. Try using the conference brochure!
- One of the top benefit of conference attendance is networking. Where else can you find so many industry contacts facing the same issues as your organization? Are there solutions you’re not aware of?
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as payback for the investment. Download this letter to help convince your boss today!
“Any time you can attend an industry function, network with people and learn a key idea that will help you in the day-to-day operations of your business it’s a win-win.
– Greg Van Sickle, TSGC Inc dba Tri-States Grain Conditioning Inc, North Iowa
GEAPS has reserved a block of rooms at at the Hyatt Regency – Bloomington, at a group rate of $145 per night. The room block will be open for reservations until June 30, 2017.
GEAPS Leadership Education and Networking Workshop Schedule:
Monday, July 17
1-5 p.m. Exchange Educational Programming Committee (EPC) Meeting
Tuesday, July 18
8 a.m. Membership Committee Meeting
8 a.m.-noon EPC Meeting
10 a.m. CLASC Meeting
1-1:30 p.m. GEAPS Leadership Welcome
1:30-2:30 p.m. Handling Stressful Situations, Difficult Discussions and Making Decisions
2:50-3:30 p.m. Manage Your Time, Your Work and Yourself: Work and Life Balance – Balancing the Quickness, Quantity and Quality of Your Life
4-5 p.m. Knowing Y – Understanding and Working with Millennials
5-6 p.m. Networking Happy Hour
Wednesday, July 19
9 a.m.-noon Keynote: Good Leadership, Rewarding Excellence, Living Generously, Promoting Fairness and Spreading Positivity
1 – 5 p.m. International Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday, July 20
8 a.m. – noon. International Board of Directors Meeting