GEAPS Exchange 2022 – Keynote Session: Beyond Resilience: Making a Shift from Surviving to Thriving
Beyond Resilience: Making a Shift from Surviving to Thriving
Do you feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with the accelerating pace of change in life and work? Are you exhausted from just trying to “survive” until this season of change has finally passed? If so, you’re not alone. Change is uncomfortable, and we don’t like what is uncomfortable. We like what is familiar. In this session, you will learn how to regain a sense of control — even when it seems like everything is out of control — and learn how to find peace, joy, and meaning in the midst of uncertainty and change. It’s all about shifting from the mindset of managing change to the mindset of creating change… and it all happens one moment at a time.
In this session, you will learn:
- The science-backed principle of State Before Strategy — why it’s good to feel good!
- Three choices you can make in any moment to shift into an empowered emotional state
- How to find the confidence to “let go and trust” even in the midst of uncertainty
- Why it’s important to “set your GPS”–or live from the future you desire–instead of trying to get to the future you desire
- Three daily practices to cultivate resilience to rise above the challenges of the day