Webinar: An Oral History of the Southern Louisiana Grain Processing Industry
Work in the grain industry carries a great amount of risk; yet for many, grain is essentially their lifeblood, inherited from their agricultural ancestors.
Utilizing oral history interviews, Taylor examines the changes and developments in the grain processing industry of Southern Louisiana since the 1970s.
This webinar will review:
- The industry’s relationship to the Port of New Orleans
- Historical advancements in safety
- Growth of the industry over the past century
- Personal accounts of work in the industry since the 1970s
- Federal involvement in the industry’s functions
Meet The Speaker
Here are a few related files you can download: