Chapter Member of Distinction Form
For recognition of extraordinary leadership or service to GEAPS at the chapter level.
To provide chapters an opportunity to recognize members who have contributed outstanding leadership or
service to their chapters.
Criteria for Granting the Award
Any GEAPS member who meets these two criteria is qualified to be a Chapter Member of Distinction:
1. Must have been a member for at least 5 of the past 10 years
2. Must have volunteered outstanding leadership or service to their chapter, for example:
- Welcomes new members at meetings
- Encourages involvement of new members
- Serves as an excellent chapter meeting planner
Please fill out the form below as it applies to your chapter. The text you provide on the last section of this form
will be used as the text that will appear on the plaque that the member of distinction will receive, so please treat it with importance. Please be succinct and limit the number of words in the last section to 25.
Tell us what makes this person stand out. Effective leadership service recognition includes the following:
- A description of what was accomplished
- A description of the observed leadership behavior that achieved the result
- A description of how the accomplishment is relevant and valuable to GEAPS
This form must be submitted by Dec. 31 for consideration.