GEAPS Exchange 2023 – Silo Interstice Usage and Cautions
Interstices, the star shape bins that are formed in groups of silos where four round silos meet, have been used for decades. However, based on past inspections of silo groups, many interstices were not designed properly. This presentation will discuss some of the technical reasons to caution on the use of interstices. It will also give warning signs/conditions to seek at existing facilities, and discuss repair options.
Speaker of this education session was Gerry K. Lynskey.
Meet The Speaker
GEAPS Exchange 2023: Grain Operations Track
- GEAPS Exchange 2023: Speed Drill through the Construction Project Cost Lifecycle
- GEAPS Exchange 2023: Cleaning at High Capacity
- GEAPS Exchange 2023: Using Equilibrium Moisture Content in Managing Grains
- GEAPS Exchange 2023: Using Energy Monitoring Data to Drive Continuous Improvement
- GEAPS Exchange 2023: Export 101